Sunday, September 14, 2014

BOOK QUOTES : Biting Anorexia by Lucy Howard-Taylor















Biting Anorexia was an excellent book! But may be triggering to some if you are easily triggered. This book requires you to FINISH reading the book, really. Will do a book review and summary tomorrow or later on but for now, here are extracts and quotes I found inspirational :

<FOLLOWING PHOTOS ARE ALL PHOTOS OF THE BOOK "BITING ANOREXIA" BY LUCY HOWARD-TAYLOR> 

"Feeling fat"


Feeling like THIS is what I stuck with recovery for


Extract about suicide


I didn't realize how much I'd sacrifice...


You are not defined by how well you can self-destruct, or how frail you can make yourself. That is no personality. That's a cover up. 


I just have to be true to myself. 


Stop feeling sorry for yourself. 


I have to realize that the anorexia destroyed my life. 


I have issues; but they don't define me. I refuse to let them define me. 


"an eating disorder and depression was the best thing that could happen to you"


"This is your chance to rediscover yourself"


"they end up hating themselves. Which, I think, is a reflection on society, not them."


"I am sufficient"


"Living in the past is to live a dead life"



No comments:

Post a Comment